Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Back to School Night
My kids are finally going to the school that I went to growing up. And as we were at back to school night trying to find the first grade classrooms we were directed to the hall that use to be the fifth and sixth grade hall. As we were checking out Shelby's classroom the teacher told us that there are seven first grade classes this year. Yes, I said seven first grade classes. Wow. Then we were directed to the fifth grade hall that use to be the second grade hall. Boy was I confused. Out in the lobby there is a plaque about the first year that elementary school was open. My kids knew that I attended there and I had to explain to them why my name was on the plaque. I said because I was one of the first students to attend the first year it opened. Wow am I old. A fifth grader and a first grader and they are going to the elementary school I went to. Wow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love back to school time! Except the shopping that is. What makes you feel real old is when you daughter is almost the same age as when you had her. yikes!
Post a Comment